Sur, Soul and Serenity


April 2nd through the 15th 2022

The spring is a beautiful time in California.  The uniqueness of this place is that within the span of two hours you can be soaking up the sun on a on the beach in Carmel by the Sea, enjoying the granite cliffs and ocean views of Big Sur, playing in snow filled valleys in Yosemite or cruising through the vineyards in Napa Valley. Its impossible to not have your breath taken away. I lost mine too many times to remember.

Looking back as  I embark on the final leg of the magnificent journey, I am learning so much about my self along the way. Nature not only makes me feel better emotionally, it also helps improve my physical wellbeing as well. Tension and stress evaporate. Being outside continuously surrounded by this majestic landscape stimulates every one my senses.  I am overcome by the fresh scent of the ocean, the vibrant colors of the flowers and trees, the  texture of the mountains,  the granite cliffs and green valleys under my feet and the sounds of babbling streams or crashing of waves against the rock. I am a different person here.  Big Sur has ingrained a connection to my spirituality. An association that I hope remains forever.



Bagpiper at Spanish Bay golf course

The bagpiper has also become a beloved tradition at The Links at Spanish Bay. The Spanish bagpiper plays every day, rain or shine at approximately 5:00 pm


Fernwood Tavern~ a favorite lil hangout of mine
 Lemonade...go hard or go home.

Keyhole Arch Pfieffer Beach at sundown




Redwood Saplings


I did a thing....planted a Redwood


                                                        This bird kept following me everywhere
                                                Western gray squirrels are all over the rocks.



Point Pinos Lighthouse is the oldest continually operating lighthouse on the West Coast. She was first lit in 1855. 
Waves were rogue today.

 Carmel Highlands General Store~ This is my favorite daily stop.  It is the closest to my house and has the friendliest  and helpful staff.


Notley's Landing established 1914


St Francis of the Redwoods~ Little Catholic Church in Big Sur



I truly intended to go to mass but I got there early so I took a drive and.......
let's just say I got sidetracked.😧😧


Sunday Funday at Big Sur  River Inn

\
                                                 Old School Bus Coffee/Shop Cafe at Big Sur River Inn



                                                                   Purple Rain
   Matt Nice~Best Bartender/Musician/songwriter.  Check out Matt Nice and the Derls on Apple music.

   You can stare at the Redwoods through the skylight in the bar at Fernwood Tavern


 A warm fire on a chilly morning



                                               Bird Rock
                                             John Steinbeck Home-Salinas...again



Old Monterey Farmers Market

 
Calzone made in a Wood Burning Pizza Oven~delish!

                                                                   Fruit Cup



Phils Fish Market~ Moss Landing. Named #1 Best Beach Restaurant by BBC Travel, featured on Food Network and have been written up several times in Sunset magazine and many other magazines and newspapers. 



Sights along the way to Yosemite




California Cows....I just like taking pictures of cows
















Groveland Ca~ little western ghost town right outside of Yosemite National Park.  






Groveland Hotel



Pics of the hotel.  It looked like a page out the 1800's.  It was idyllic.









She NEVER disappoints.💓













Horsetail Falls







Yosemite Falls




Napa Valley




The dreaded HWY 101 between San Fransico and Monterey

                                                     Another beautiful sunset


  Point Sur Light Station


Point Sur Light house



Flowers of Big Sur










Community Gardens are popular in Big Sur.



This is my friend Jake Padorr. Jake keeps things going at the Henry Miller Memorial Library and is also happens to be an extraordinary musician.  Check him out on padorr.org, Spotify or Apple Music. 




















Comments

Popular Posts